The back of our house has a lot of pine trees. The previous night's rainstorm gave me a gift of a fallen pine branch.
Back at the studio, I stood for a long time in front of the flower container shelves but found it difficult to choose a container. In the end, I decided not to use a container...rather, I re-discovered this piece of driftwood that had been set aside many months ago!
I also abandoned the idea of using the big pine branch. The needles had caught my eye.
I rearranged them to form a mass. I thought it'd be interesting to set it on the driftwood to look as if moss had started growing on it. Then, I added the pine twigs (already stripped of their needles) on to the end to show movement, giving the mass of needles a lighter tone.
Here is the arrangement...
I hope you like it. --Miyako
(All photos by the ikebana shop. All rights reserved.)